In March and April, 1996, a group of genealogists organized the MIGenWeb Project. The idea was to provide a single entry point for all Michigan counties, where collected databases would be stored. In addition, the databases would be indexed and cross-linked, so that even if an individual were found in more than one county, they could be located in the index. At the same time, volunteers were found who were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the web page.
Five search options are available in the Alcona site. Either click on the Available Searches topic in the navigation tree on the left hand side of the screen or click here and then select the appropriate search.
Research and Look Up Requests
I am unable to do your personal research. I do not live in Alcona county or in Michigan and I do not have access to additional records. If you do not see the information you are seeking in this site, I do not have it as everything I have is posted in this site.
- Site navigation is through the tree on the left hand of the screen.
- The tree is arranged by topics and sub-topics, as in an outline.
- Sub-topics are accessible by clicking on any topic that has a "+" sign next to it.
- The graphic below shows the Biographies (inactive) data topic in this website expanded by clicking on the "+" sign next to the Biographies data topic. Note: Not all biographes are shown in the Biographies graphic below.
- There also is a Navigation Panel located in the center at the bottom of each page. The Navigation Panel enables the viewing of the first or last page of the Alcona site or to step thru the site one page at a time. The Navigation Panel (inactive) graphic is shown below.
Alcona Website Last Updated: Tue May-08-2018 19:32
Comments, suggestions, submittals always welcome, email Joe Markovich