Charles P. Reynolds
CHARLES P. REYNOLDS was born in 1828, at Penn Yan, Yates County, N.Y., where he lived to the age of twenty-one, and married Helen Grenell, who was also born at the same place. In 1866 he came to Alcona County, and was employed as bookkeeper by Harris Bros. until the sale of their property to Weston, Colwell & Co., when he was employed by them in the same position until 1869. It 1867 he was elected town clerk and justice of the peace, which offices were held for several years, and retains them at the present time. In 1868 he organized the Harrisville Joint Stock Dock Co., who built a public dock at Harrisville. In 1873 he organized the Alcona County Agricultural Society, and held the offices of secretary, director and president. He has held a
membership in the State Pomological Society, in 1881. In 1880 he was appointed by the governor as State agent for the penal and reformatory Institutions of the State for Alcona County. In 1870 he was elected register of deeds, and was re-elected in 1872, when he transcribed the records of the county of Alpena. He resides at Harrisville and has a family of four children, three boys and
one girl, who are still living. He compiled the history of Alcona County.
(Bibliography: “History of the Lake Huron Shore and Its People with Illustrations & Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Pioneers”, 1883, Chicago, Page 279-280)