H. R. Morrison
H. R. MORRISON, dealer in dry goods, groceries, etc., at Harrisville, is a native of Scotland, and emigrated to Canada in 1854. In 1874 he went to Bay City and the following year to Alpena. He is a machinist by trade, and was superintendent of sawmills at Alpena. In 1878 he was in Harrisville on some business, and while here, the store building, which he now occupies was sold at sheriff’s sale. he made a bid on the property, and being a stranger, rather roughly dressed, it was taken rather as a joke and the property “knocked down” to him. he was prepared, however, and took possession of his purchase. In the Spring of 1879 he removed to Harrisville and opened a store. He has a very neat brick cottage adjoining the store, which he built in 1882, doing most of the work himself. He has a wife, but no children. Mr. Morrison is one of the enterprising and liberal men of the village. He is a member of the Odd Fellows and Knights of Honor societies.
(Bibliography: “History of the Lake Huron Shore and Its People With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Pioneers”, 1883, Chicago, Page 273.)