JAMES A. McDONALD was born in Jefferson County, N.Y., in 1840, and came to Alcona County in August, 1866, with Wm. Conklin, at Greenbush, and worked at lumbering for several years. Mr. McDonald was elected highway commissioner for his township and did his duty acceptably. He purchased 200 acres of land in Greenbush Township, and commenced farming. He has cleared about sixteen acres, and intends making farming a permanent business.
(Bibliography: “History of the Lake Huron Shore and Its People with Illustrations & Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Pioneers”, 1883, Chicago, Page 279)